The Oxford Law Firm, Inc., A Professional Law Corporation provides a high-quality legal product at a cost-efficient, competitive rate to individuals, trusts and privately owned businesses of all sizes.
Our practice areas include:
Estate Planning — We help our clients create properly structured living trusts, and help them to administer their trusts during their lives. We also help our clients administer their trusts and the ultimate transfer of their assets to their beneficiaries upon their death. We help our clients plan in advance, and make arrangements for the possibility of disability or incapacity. Our goals are to create properly structured estate plans, which are suitable to our clients’ needs and wishes, and to assist our clients with lifetime family financial planning, which include:
- Income tax reduction — minimization
- Transferring family owned businesses to successive generations (children, grandchildren and other heirs)
- Purchase of suitable types of insurance
- Management of assets in the event of the person’s physical or mental disability or incapacity
- Making personal medical decisions in the event of the person’s physical or mental disability or incapacity
Estate Tax and Gift Tax Planning — We assist our clients with the transfer of their wealth during their lifetime or after their death, according to their wishes, with the goal of reducing and minimizing their potential gift tax and estate tax liability to the fullest extent permitted by federal and state law.
Trusts, Estates and Probate Administration — We help trustees serving our clients’ trusts, and their personal representatives of their probate estates, fulfill their legal responsibilities, including:
- Taking inventory of assets
- Valuing assets
- Paying debts and expenses
- Investing assets and income
- Distribution of assets and income to the beneficiaries according to the client’s instructions described in his or her trust or Last Will and Testament
- Trust termination
Asset Protection — We assist our clients in organizing and transferring their assets and financial affairs, using defensive legal strategies to safeguard their assets against the risks and hazards of litigation, from being liened, levied and sold to satisfy a debt or judgment of a creditor.
Business Transactions and Business Tax Planning — We assist our clients with their corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and other business entities with entity selection, tax planning, formation, management, operations, sale, purchase, compensation paid to key employees and distributions of available cash flow to its owners.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Tax Planning, include such services as:
- Due diligence reviews in connection with the purchase or sale of a business;
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting all aspects of the purchase, sale, merger or reorganization of all or a portion of a business;
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting any financing transaction to fund the purchase or sale of a business; and
- Structuring and forming the purchasing entity and the relationships among its owners.
- IRS and California tax audits and appeals of audits
- Tax court litigation
- Tax refund litigation
- Tax collection procedures and defenses
- Installment tax agreements
- Offers in compromise
- IRS procedures and appeals (30-day letters and 90-day letters)
- Income tax compliance defense
Trust and Estate Litigation
- Will contests
- Trust contests
- Representing and resolving disputes between beneficiaries and Trustees or Executors of probate estates
- Breach of trustee duties
- Trustee surcharge proceedings
- Trustee removal
- Trust reformation
- Trust termination
- Mediation and litigation of disputes involving trusts, probate estates, trustees and personal representatives of probate estates.